Teen Strength and Fitness
It is very important that your teen knows the proper way to lift while they are still developing, inorder to prevent injuries. Encouraged for all teens, but required for those ages 12-14 who want to workout upstairs in the Exercise Center. This course is offered to members only.
This class is offered for 12-14 year old who are motivated to stay or become strong and healthy. Participants will learn safety and proper technique in using all workout areas, learn weight room etiquette, and basic nutrition all while devolping healthy lifelong habits.
Teen Strength and Fitness classes will run 3:45 - 4:45 pm.
Please send them with a water bottle to stay hydrated!
Attendance is mandatory each day to receive Gold Card.
Deadline to register for each class is the Monday before by noon!
You may register on our website or at the YMCA Welcome Center.
Fee:(Members Only) $32
Winter 2017-2018 Session dates:
Session l: December 5th, 6th and 7th
Session ll: January 2nd, 3rd and 4th
Session lll: February 6th, 7th and 8th
Private sessions: $50 - if the above dates do not work, we offer private sessions.
Important Information for use of the Wellness Floor:
1. Each child MUST have their Gold Card with them every time they are using the Exercise Center. If you do not have the card with you, you will NOT be allowed in the Exercise Center.
2. Gold Card gives use of the Free Motion and the Techno Gym machines, treadmills, ellipticals, all of the bikes, the track (make sure you are going the right direction; days and directions are posted), and the stretching area on the mats (No wrestling or horsing around!).
Access to the Weight Room area, where the free weights are located, is NOT allowed!
3. DO NOT loan your card to anyone - if found loaning the card, it will be taken away. DO NOT allow unauthorized guests into the YMCA or onto the Wellness Floor.
4. Replacement Gold Cards may be bought for a $5.00 fee, if original card is lost.
5. Access to the Exercise Center is not allowed during the following times
- Monday through Friday 11:30 am - 1:30 pm and 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
6. Use the lifting guidelines that are taught in class!
7. The Gold Card does not allow you access to group fitness classes at the YMCA. Ages 15 or older are allowed in the group fitness classes.
8. You must bring your regular YMCA membership card as proof of your membership.
9. Use the equipment responsibly and safely. If you witness any abuse of the equipment by other youth or adults, report the incident to the Welcome Center.
10. If you are caught breaking any of these rules, you will lose your Gold Card privileges and will not be able to access the Exercise Center until you are 15 years old. NO EXCEPTIONS OR WARNINGS WILL BE GIVEN!
Contact Leah for more information.
Call: 402-371-9770 ext. 20 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org