THERE'S NEVER BEEN A BETTER TIME TO BUILD A BETTER US
Every day, our community faces new challenges that create a greater need for the work we do. YMCA donors, volunteers, members, and partners like you make the difference.
The Norfolk Family YMCA has outgrown the 35 year old facility, which was built to accommodate 5,900 members. With current membership over 8,100 members there is a need to expand the existing facility.
Other major challenges include:
- Current Facility is not ADA compliant.
- Shift Workers have little or no after hours access.
- Local residents travel out of town to have access to indoor facilities.
- Employers find it challenging to recruit potential employees to the area because of the lack of indoor recreational facilities.
TOGETHER, WE CAN CREATE A BETTER US
The Y is a positive force in this community. Together, we take on the challenges that shape our area's future. The completion of the Indoor Recreation Complex/Wellness Center project will allow the Y to offer more to the residents of Northeast Nebraska by offering:
- 24/7 accessible (ADA Compliant) wellness center to accommodate the fitness needs of everyone, including the elderly and physically challenged.
- A large indoor multi-use turf area for year-round activities.
- Additional gym space.
- Additional fitness/multi-purpose rooms for athletic/non-athletic programs.
- Indoor play area for young children.
- Increased space for child watch center.
LIFT THE WORLD AROUND YOU
Every dollar donated to the Y has a lasting impact on the people of Northeast Nebraska.
When you donate to your Y, you're donating for a better us.